Masterbuilt Smoker not reaching 400 degrees

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Tali Stromgren

Original poster
Nov 22, 2017
We bought my husband a Masterbuilt smoker from home depot from fathers day and just got it all set up. I am curing it as I speak. It is not reaching 400 degrees

Also - the guy at home depot said that it can be used 3 ways: electric, propane or gas.

There is no electrical attachment?

Most gas smokers are not going to get that hot. What are you wanting to cook at 400? 325 is around the hottest you need to get for poultry. Pretty much everything else cooks at 225.

We bought my husband a Masterbuilt smoker from home depot from fathers day and just got it all set up. I am curing it as I speak. It is not reaching 400 degrees

Also - the guy at home depot said that it can be used 3 ways: electric, propane or gas.

There is no electrical attachment?

giphy (3).gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky