Low Meat Temp

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Back to the original post - any reason you waited 45 minutes to put in the chips for smoke?  I usually try to get the smoke rolling BEFORE I put the meat in so that it's always exposed to smoke while in the smoker.  Was it for just a mild smokey touch?
No particular reason. I'm not sure how much more smoky they would have tasted with one more load of chips. Three hours of smoke left them plenty smoky, definitely not "mild".

I checked out the MES using my new Maverick 732. I set the smoker at 150°, 225°, and 275°. The Maverick read about 10° higher than the smoker readout, so it's not as far off as I suspected. I had also suspected the actual temp was lower than the readout on the smoker, but it turns out it's higher. Just proves, at least to me, how valuable a good thermometer like the Maverick is.

I checked out the MES using my new Maverick 732. I set the smoker at 150°, 225°, and 275°. The Maverick read about 10° higher than the smoker readout, so it's not as far off as I suspected. I had also suspected the actual temp was lower than the readout on the smoker, but it turns out it's higher. Just proves, at least to me, how valuable a good thermometer like the Maverick is.
Yes---A good Therm is a Huge Help, and being off of each other by 10° is very Good!!!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky