Looking for a good sausage recipe that you enjoy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kauai808

Original poster
Oct 7, 2017
With the amount of recipes on this site it gets overwelming with which one to choose. Not looking to make summer sausage or snack sticks. I'm gonna be smoking them. Looking for something I can bring to a bbq or something like that. What are a few that you like? Mahalo.

Sorry I meant sausage recipe. Changed title. Thank you though, that looks good.

I have a good fresh bratwurst recipe if you're interested....all of my recipes are in grams per kilo though.

I've done kits and pre made spices for sausages but they where ok. The Portuguese sausage in hawaii is by far my favorite. It has vinegar in it that give it a nice subtle taste.

I have a good fresh bratwurst recipe if you're interested....all of my recipes are in grams per kilo though.
I'm open to all recipes. Does fresh mean no cure? I've only ever cured my sausage overnight and smoked the next day.

Oooh thats a great idea. Is there a preffered casing I should get?
You, unkowingly, walked into an argument at our house. I like hog casings for them as I think they give a great snap. However, She Who Must Be Obeyed, prefers collagen as they give a more uniform shape. I also like thicker ones and she prefers the 17 mm thinner ones.

You need to know these aren't like store bought hot dogs. They are more like a European sausage with a coarser sausage texture but a great hot dog taste.

Reactions: kauai808
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky