Leveling Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nice setup you got there. Thanks for the pix.

Where'd you get the wedgies; online?

Murph
I worked around heavy fabrication and all of my customers used scrap plate to cut wedges. A little horse trading with some breakfast fatties, and helping with cooking for special occasions, and I accumulated a number of cool items. One of the best is a benchtop steel plate (1-3/4" thick) that has a number of uses, including splitting 4" chunks in to useable pieces.
5qGk0Gy.jpg

Everything's better level.
My level-of-precision for a grill/BBQ is ~1/4" My basic shim are cheap 4" ceramic tiles. If I need more than 3, I find a half-height brick.

The only issue is, his smoker is on wheels?
If level, it has no place to roll! :emoji_sunglasses:
Seriously, thanks Nefarious, I might have missed that detail. I actually do worry about dangerous things not being under control. (Heck, roller bag luggage sailing down the street while I open the trunk concerns me too.) My commercial cookers tend to come with such cheap casters that even the 4-wheel models have considerable stiction. But I did upgrade, a little too much it turns out, the casters on a bullet/drum smoker so that now I throw a chain around the wheels once it's in place just for safety's sake. (It's just children's swingset chain but it gets the job done.)

Furniture cups, like the kind for grand piano legs, may be useful for the poster. After all, I don't want this discussion to go downhill. Pun intended.

Reactions: Nefarious
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky