Landjager

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

salmonclubber

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 3, 2005
forks washington
Hello everyone
I decided to try making some Landjager on Sunday I had some pre mixed seasonings that i used for this type of sausage I mixed 50/50 elk/pork butt and did 10 pounds of these I mixed the meat and added the saesoning and stuffed them into 32mm hog casings I tried to just fill the casings half full so i could get the flat shape of the Landjager I over stuffed most of them but it does not matter I then layed them on a cutting board and then placed another board on top of the sausages put a cinder block on top and placed into the fridge for two days
after the second day I removed the block and top cutting board and let the suasages dry over night in the fridge
I layed the sausages on a rack in the smoker and smoked using hickory these baby's are awesome they really turned out good here is a pic

5365cf6c_IMGP0203.jpg

They look good to me Salmon. Nice job! You must have used cure #1, do you care to share the rest of the recipe? and thanks for sharing the Q-view.

Hey clubber, They look just like the ones they sell in bars around here!

I'm betting yours are about 10 X Better !!!!

Nice job!

Bear

Great looking sausage.

I hope you share the recipe.

Thanks!

A concrete block in the fridge...hahahaha The Woman thinks I put strange things in the fridge.

" Honest honey, I didnt fill the casings on purpose and I put the block on them on purpose...really"

I told the Woman I was gonna make Lendenspeck  she rolled her eyes and said "What the heck is that?"

Then I showed her the pictures and she sezs " When that speck thing gonna be ready to eat?"

http://lpoli.50webs.com/index_files/Lendenspeck.pdf  

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky