Lamb Breast...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Awesome looking chow right there!!!

I buy those at the local sprawl mart neighborhood market (different brand). I have a few stashed in the freezer, I'll have to look at the price. One thing that drives me nuts.... they come two to a pack, and one side you can't cut into individual ribs or for that matter cut at all. There's a full piece of bone that runs the length and is pretty substantial. Hasn't really slowed me down as I still eat the darn things but it would be nice not to need a bone saw for that side :emoji_laughing:

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
Hmmmm.....Great looking meal and I see that we have the same taste in china. Might have to make a meat run to Aldi soon.

Jim

Way to go Charles. That's an excellent meal.

Point for sure
Chris

Very nice Charles, Looks great and nice on how you did it.
Lots of steps, and payed off.
I have only had lamb once ,and could have been how they cooked it. Was not for me
Buy your meal looks great

David
The ribs taste mostly like any other BBQ ribs...MOSTLY. These do have a lamb flavor, but not as intense as maybe rack of lamb cooked rare...
Hmmmm.....Great looking meal and I see that we have the same taste in china. Might have to make a meat run to Aldi soon.

Jim
Thanks, Jim!! With as many folks as I feed on a regular basis, it's probably more cost effective to wash dishes, but sometimes the dishwasher (my wife) needs a break, too... :emoji_wink: 🤣
Way to go Charles. That's an excellent meal.

Point for sure
Chris
Appreciate that, Chris! Just something different to do occasionally...

...or lamb ribs or lamb spare ribs were on sale at Aldi this week and I haven't done them since this thread. Last time I grilled them on indirect heat, but decided to try them smoked this time.

So here we go...

A couple of packs of these from Aldi, 2 racks in each pack. It is Australian lamb...
View attachment 656458

Scored and seasoned with a homemade KC style rub, into the fridge while I get the smoker ready. Last time I used yellow mustard for a binder, this time I did not...
View attachment 656459

Fired up The OK Joe with some oak and once up to temp, on they went. Smoked at about 300℉ for a couple of hours, then wrapped for 45 minutes. I have all but quit wrapping any ribs, but these seemed to be taking too long and family was showing up:emoji_laughing:. Unwrapped and sauced with a store bought sauce. Let them go for another 45 minutes...
View attachment 656460

Time for the sides. First up is bruschetta with multi-colored cherry tomatoes. Cut the tomatoes in half, sprinkle on some thyme, drizzle with EVOO and into a 400℉ oven to roast until they start to bubble and get a little color...
View attachment 656461
View attachment 656462

Tossed with fresh basil...
View attachment 656464

Next up is lemon asparagus orzo. Two pounds of asparagus broken in half and the tough ends removed, 2 lemons zested and squeezed, 4 cloves of garlic crushed and chopped, ½ stick unsalted butter, and 1 lb. orzo...
View attachment 656467

Cooked the orzo according to the box. About halfway through cooking, I added the asparagus to the pot and brought back to a simmer. Drain when the orzo is almost done...
View attachment 656465

I heated the butter and added in the garlic, sautéed until fragrant. Added the lemon zest and juice. Stir into the orzo and asparagus, ready to serve...
View attachment 656466

Ribs are cut...
View attachment 656468

The tomatoes are served on a baguette bread which was toasted with EVOO and pepper. The lemon asparagus orzo is served with shaved parmesan cheese. My wife had been to Sam's and restocked our supply of the good china so time to eat...
View attachment 656469

Probably should have cut the asparagus into thirds or so, had to cut them again to eat them. Some fresh mozzarella would have been really good on the bruschetta, but with the parmesan on the asparagus/orzo, I felt we had enough cheese in this meal. The ribs cook up pretty much the same as pork spare ribs, but just take a little less time and with lamb, temp isn't important. The BBQ sauce was Williamson Brothers Original and actually pretty good, maybe a little sweet...
View attachment 656470

Well, that's enough of my rambling for now...
That sauce is my favorite store bought sauce. I'm surprised to hear it's sold outside of the Atlanta area. They are a small company. 2 restaurants and a facility that bottles the sauce. I work right down the street from one of their locations and can pick it up for $14 per gallon. Price may be higher now. A gallon lasts me quite a while.
If you happen to see it they make a roasted garlic version that really good as well. Basically the same stuff with roasted garlic.

We just had four of our lambs butchered and ribs are going to be the first cook! I have done them in the past exactly like pork ribs or just until IT was 150. I am going to experiment with different rubs now. Good work! I love all of the sides

...or lamb ribs or lamb spare ribs were on sale at Aldi this week and I haven't done them since this thread. Last time I grilled them on indirect heat, but decided to try them smoked this time.

So here we go...

A couple of packs of these from Aldi, 2 racks in each pack. It is Australian lamb...
View attachment 656458

Scored and seasoned with a homemade KC style rub, into the fridge while I get the smoker ready. Last time I used yellow mustard for a binder, this time I did not...
View attachment 656459

Fired up The OK Joe with some oak and once up to temp, on they went. Smoked at about 300℉ for a couple of hours, then wrapped for 45 minutes. I have all but quit wrapping any ribs, but these seemed to be taking too long and family was showing up:emoji_laughing:. Unwrapped and sauced with a store bought sauce. Let them go for another 45 minutes...
View attachment 656460

Time for the sides. First up is bruschetta with multi-colored cherry tomatoes. Cut the tomatoes in half, sprinkle on some thyme, drizzle with EVOO and into a 400℉ oven to roast until they start to bubble and get a little color...
View attachment 656461
View attachment 656462

Tossed with fresh basil...
View attachment 656464

Next up is lemon asparagus orzo. Two pounds of asparagus broken in half and the tough ends removed, 2 lemons zested and squeezed, 4 cloves of garlic crushed and chopped, ½ stick unsalted butter, and 1 lb. orzo...
View attachment 656467

Cooked the orzo according to the box. About halfway through cooking, I added the asparagus to the pot and brought back to a simmer. Drain when the orzo is almost done...
View attachment 656465

I heated the butter and added in the garlic, sautéed until fragrant. Added the lemon zest and juice. Stir into the orzo and asparagus, ready to serve...
View attachment 656466

Ribs are cut...
View attachment 656468

The tomatoes are served on a baguette bread which was toasted with EVOO and pepper. The lemon asparagus orzo is served with shaved parmesan cheese. My wife had been to Sam's and restocked our supply of the good china so time to eat...
View attachment 656469

Probably should have cut the asparagus into thirds or so, had to cut them again to eat them. Some fresh mozzarella would have been really good on the bruschetta, but with the parmesan on the asparagus/orzo, I felt we had enough cheese in this meal. The ribs cook up pretty much the same as pork spare ribs, but just take a little less time and with lamb, temp isn't important. The BBQ sauce was Williamson Brothers Original and actually pretty good, maybe a little sweet...
View attachment 656470

Well, that's enough of my rambling for now...
Looks great! I raise lamb and we call those with bone in “Denver racks”. Next time, try shopping for some American-raised lamb. 10,000 miles fresher and supporting local ranchers!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky