Keto hamburger gravy and mash

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That will do the trick. Looks like that thread started several dishes.
Brian that was a great thread on the comfort food. Got everyone thinking about what to make!
I could eat a plate full . Looks fantastic .

I have that exact one . Couldn't agree more. Works great on whole peeled tomatoes too .
Cool , I’ve not used it for tomato’s will have to try. I know when I saw it being used I was blown away by how easy it makes chipping up the meat vs my old use of a spatula.
I have to admit. It's not what I expected when I opened up the thread Jeff. I was expecting an open faced hot hamburger sandwich(which is a favorite of mine). Boy was I surprised!!! That dish looks great. It's on the must do list.

Point for sure
Chris
Man I love it on bread too!!

I'm going to have to add some ranch powder to my next batch of mashed cauliflower - I had not seen that yet. Thanks and yum!

Right now on my cauliflower I'm all over cream cheese, cheddar cheese, freeze dried chives and bacon. Ranch will go with all of the above for sure.

I haven't found a way to add sour cream to the mix without it kinda separating out and getting funky in the fridge. jcam222 jcam222 - any suggestions? Right now I just add it after I heat it but I know if it can be done- you are the man to ask.

I'm going to have to add some ranch powder to my next batch of mashed cauliflower - I had not seen that yet. Thanks and yum!

Right now on my cauliflower I'm all over cream cheese, cheddar cheese, freeze dried chives and bacon. Ranch will go with all of the above for sure.

I haven't found a way to add sour cream to the mix without it kinda separating out and getting funky in the fridge. jcam222 jcam222 - any suggestions? Right now I just add it after I heat it but I know if it can be done- you are the man to ask.
How are you mixing yours?

I use a hand mixer to smush up the cauliflower, then add cream cheese and regular cheese and continue with the mixer until it's all smushed up, then add anything else. The couple of times I added sour cream I stirred/folded it in fairly gently as the last step.

Reactions: jcam222
I use a hand mixer to smush up the cauliflower, then add cream cheese and regular cheese and continue with the mixer until it's all smushed up, then add anything else. The couple of times I added sour cream I stirred/folded it in fairly gently as the last step.
Hand mixer as in immersion blender? I mash mine by hand quite bit, mix in all my cream cheese, cheese and spices then worj it to death with an immersion blender until is velvety smooth. I’d think of you did this a fair amount of sour cream should hold in the mix. Have you had it separate?

Great looking dish! I never thought about adding cream cheese to it, but now it's something I'll have to try.
Hamburger gravy was one of the weekly staples served in my grade school, back in the 60's. That, and creamed turkey over mashed potatoes. Both have a special place in my heart. Just ask my cardiologist.
Kidding.

Hand mixer as in immersion blender? I mash mine by hand quite bit, mix in all my cream cheese, cheese and spices then worj it to death with an immersion blender until is velvety smooth. I’d think of you did this a fair amount of sour cream should hold in the mix. Have you had it separate?
No - just my old school mixer with 2 beaters. I'll attack a batch with my stick blender and see how that works. I have had it separate when I just folded it in.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky