Jeeky slicer...worth the money?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

snickers104

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 15, 2012
Cimarron Kansas
Was looking at buying a jerky slicer attachment to hook onto my grinder...what is everyone's opinion on using one of these for cutting jerky slices?

I have the LEM listed in the classifieds. It does a great job. I've learned that I'm really not going to make that much jerky.

Kind of $$. If you're only doing a few pounds at a time. Then I would suggest a jerky board. They work really good.

Not sure what the attachment costs but here's my story/input:

I wasn't sure if I wanted to make jerky or not but for the $70 price of this slicer I was willing to gamble.

It has been perfect for the approximate 10 lbs of meat that I have sliced and I consider it has paid for itself.

I assume it will last for many more lbs. and once it dies I will buy a much better built unit now that I know that I am a smoked-jerky-holic.

Cuisinart Kitchen Pro Food Slicer, 7.5, Gray https://a.co/d/47LU5zp

I have this slicer:

7.5" 200w serrated and smooth blades.

From what I'm seeing in this thread, I should be able to slice slightly frozen raw beef, using the serrated blade, for jerky. Is that correct? I just got my electric smoker and jerky looks like a simple first smoke.

Edit: wow, that's cool. It's the first time I ever pasted an Amazon link!

I had a jerky slicer but decided that based on the amount of jerky I make, a nice sharp knife did the job. Unloaded the slicer, making more room in the cupboard.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky