IWhat a great group!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mhein68

Original poster
Jul 4, 2023
I have to make a post about you folks! This has got to be one of the most friendly , helpful, compassionate groups I ever been in! Unike FB groups that are rude, condescending and frankly mean to anyone that "dares" ask a question! I am bipolar (Really hate to admit in public! And medicated) Sometimes I get down on myself and and sometimes confused. Being in a FB group sometimes makes it worse when you need advise and get a bunch of smart##s and rude responses. What I'm trying to say is a way huge thanks to all you folks!! It's like a (sorta) family here... I feel like I can vent or ask a question without judgement! I say thank you!!

I hear you! I was kicked out of a group I was using for recommending an oil mist sprayer on one of my post. Only recipes with pictures allowed. The moderator got his kicks from kicking people out. Was the best thing that ever happened. I found this site and the people here have become family!

I don't do Facebook, Instagram, Snap Shat, pick any of them. I do belong to a good few forums that I check in on daily based on various subjects. SMF is Aces in my book, the folks here are so friendly and kind. Honestly it just makes me feel good to come here and read the comments, gives me relief that there are still good and decent people left in this world.

Dave

mhein68 mhein68

You are so right that this place is like a big happy friendly group of folks.
Glad you feel comfortable here as I do myself.

Everyone has made me fell like a very close friend, ever since I joined.
And I try to give back everything I receive from here ,

I always look forward to my time here , and I hope you do as well

David

Shoot I got folks on here I txt with regularly and call friends that I have never and may never meet face to face. and yep this is not Facebook. We tend to not tolerate stuff that is allowed over there. And if you have questions, by all means ask them. I’m sure that we have all had that same question at one time or another. We are all about our craft and making it better. Three years ago I was a total newb and these guys have taught me a ton of stuff. We might make your wallet a little lighter in the process but it’s all part of the fun!

Jim

I think the key is people can ask questions, express opinions, and even disagree, but it is handled with respect in more of a learning and teaching approach.
The moderators do a great job of allowing the good natured stuff and stepping in when tempers get involved. Much appreciated!

I'll preface this by saying not to believe everything you read about me. I can actually be a relatively nice person....sometimes :emoji_laughing:
It's like a (sorta) family here
Yes it is. Hang around for 15 minutes or so, post up some pics of your culinary creations, and you'll find yourself among the biggest extended family you could ever imagine. Please don't make the same mistake that I did upon joining. There are a LOT f people here who know each other well via communication in the forum. We banter, joke around, know each other's personalities, families, cookers, pets, and so on. I made the mistake of thinking it was a cliquish and elitist bunch at first but very soon came to realize I was wrong. It is just friendships developed by familiarity, that's all and everyone is welcome.
I feel like I can vent or ask a question without judgement!
You absolutely can ask questions without feeling you're gonna get chastised for asking them. The general rule of thumb is the only dumb question is the one you don't ask :emoji_wink: The staff here does an amazing job moderating this forum and there is a zero tolerance policy for rude, condescending, or outright threatening behavior. First time is a warning with a possible time-out and the second time is as often as not met with dropping the ban hammer. Everybody plays nice in this sandbox or they are invited to leave, and sometimes not voluntarily :emoji_laughing: This is a family friendly forum and the environment is such that a person can sit here with their grandchild in their lap and not be concerned about inappropriate content. Our fearless and exalted leader Brian ( bmudd14474 bmudd14474 ) plays a big role in ensuring the integrity of this place. All that being said, welcome aboard and don't be shy about posting pics. Another general rule of thumb is "no pics, never happened"....if you get the drift :emoji_wink:

Robert

Last edited:
I will add..... After 31 yrs of being a bedside nurse I finally have a computer based office nursing job. One of my 3 monitors on my desk keeps SMF up on it. My boss doesnt mind that especially after she tasted the pulled pork and baked beans I brought in for a office lunch. I have learned a bunch on here and my "to do" list in my book marks is growing and growing.

Jim

We might make your wallet a little lighter in the process but it’s all part of the fun!
There's a guy who hangs around here occasionally...Steve Steve H Steve H , I call him the enabler-in-chief. He can DEFINITELY help you spend your money...🤣🤣. But he's not the only one...:emoji_wink:

Seriously, though, this place is great and full of great people. The admins and moderators work hard to keep it this way...

There's a guy who hangs around here occasionally...Steve Steve H Steve H , I call him the enabler-in-chief. He can DEFINITELY help you spend your money...🤣🤣. But he's not the only one...:emoji_wink:

Seriously, though, this place is great and full of great people. The admins and moderators work hard to keep it this way...
Even more so when I'm broke!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky