Inkbird IBT-4XS with 4 probes review

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

HHYak

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 13, 2019
Thank you again to Inkbird for choosing me as a winner for this. My review as promised (sorry for the delay Inkbird).

I received the package shortly after being notified and exchanging details. It seems pretty well made and came with 4 meat probes.
IMG_0159.JPG

After testing it I used it on several cooks alongside another thermometer (for comparison) and I have been very happy with it. Meatloaf, ribs, butt, pork loin and tenderloin, all have turned out great.
IMG_0177.JPG IMG_0181.JPG IMG_0183.JPG IMG_0283.JPG IMG_0187.JPG

I put the app on an old tablet without any issues. I did this to avoid loosing connectivity while using my phone. The app itself is easy to use, but at the same time could use a little fine tuning. It would be nice to be able to change your preset timer/alarm without loosing your graph from the earlier part of the cook. I would also be nice to be able to zoom in on the graphs and save/download them.

Inkbird, are the meat probes accurate when checking ambient air temps? I am using one to check the inside smoker temps about 1-2 inches from the meat for the first time today, and the temps seem to be running about 10-20 degrees higher then what I am getting on other readings.

Overall it seems like a good thermometer, and I would recommend it.

I will have to try that after I am done cooking today. I know that its accurate in the meat, as boil and ice tests were good, and they are reading the same in meat as another thermometer which I know is accurate as well. I am guessing it may be the placement within the grill, I am going to have to play around with my grill to get a better idea of heat dispersion

Reactions: Inkbirdbbq
Good write up. Super performance too! it looks like it helped put out some good vittles.
Don

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky