i am smoking today

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chris_harper

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Nov 21, 2006
Waco, TX
i just filled the smoker with goodies. a 2.71lb beef shouler roast, 12 ABT's, 2 sage fatties, 5 polish sausage links, and 2 rock game cornish hens. on the mini chickens (you like that?), i brined one in water, salt, and lemon-pepper- the other in water, salt, and cajun seasoning. i rubbed them in EVOO and rubbed them with their respective spices. i also put some black pepper on both, and added some chili powder to the cajun seasoning one. the ABT"s have colbyjack cheese, with bacon on the top. the fatties don't need any help, and the polish sausage i left alone. the shoulder i rubbed with mustard and put on cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and cajun seasoning last night, wrapped in saran wrap and put in the fridge last night. i added some turbinado sugar and chili powder before i put it in the smoker. will take pics later and add them to this thread.

Chris, sounds like a feast fit for a king!! Any special Tuesday? If you can, please post a pic of the "mini chickens ":lol: Would love to know how they came out.

Debi... sleep? what sleep :lol: :lol: ?????

brrrrrr..

its 9 am
its 6 f out side--
winds are calm--
im getting ready to plug in timex...

i will see what 6 degrees does.
its supposed to get to 26 f this after noon..

its supposed to snow this evening...
no matter what temp...
at four pm -
electric gets turned off..

so i can clean up before dark..

anyhow--
todays fun include--
about 7 lb wyoming bacon [buckboard]
1 lb 66#deer/33%pork smoked sausage..
1 store bought fattie---
3 chicken breasts ...

no special tuesday. just felt like smoking. my wife loves chicken, so i did those for her. i like beef, so i did it for me. we both love fatties. i love ABt's. had never tried polish sausage before, so felt like trying them. this will feed us for a couple of days.

Looks good Chris! Who said smokin' is bad for ya? I need to do more chicken, especially those sawed off half pint mini's.

Keep Smokin (as if they could drag you away from that thing)

pc, it would be hard to drag me from it.
marvin, i used mesquite. my wife bought me a charcoal chimney yesterday also, so now i don't need starter fluid now. yipee!

Chris , the food looks great!!!!! How long did the cornish game hens take?

Larry, how did your cold smoke go??

i smoked them for 4.5 hours- that was a bit too long. next time i will pull them a little earlier. i think prolly around 3-3.5 hours would be better. the fatties came out real nice, as did the ABT"s and the polish sausage.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky