How along Can I Let Sausage sit in The Fridge Before Smoking?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Just wondering about the green onion and pork sausage you talked about over a month ago
we asked and no answer
Just wondering, that's why i brought your post back up

Thanks

David
Sorry bout that. The brisket/jalapeño/cheese came out great as usual. The all pork, green onion sausage was just meh. I put a little more chopped green onion in the grind that it called for, but I'll be damned if I could taste any green onion flavor in it. The other thing is, i need to figure out is why the all pork sausage splits so easily when cooking it on the grill or stovetop. I keep my temps at 300 or less, so as not to over cook it, since i got it up to 150ish internal temp in the smoking process.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Pork belly prices are outrageous these days! I was at Costco a week ago and I couldn't justify the $4.99 / lb

SH0RTS SH0RTS have you looked in to buck board bacon (BBB) made from pork shoulder or butt? I have a butt in the fridge for the sky high price of $1.49/

Not knowing your location, I don't have recommendations on shopping.
I'm in central Florida and when I get a taste for pork belly, I pick up a smaller portion at Publix. Price still high, but all I want is a meal or two of braised side pork
I called a couple Publix stores. They didnt have any. I worked there briefly to get some meat cutting time logged in earlier this year. They dont get much on the regular because its not a big seller. They will order it if someone requests it

I called a couple Publix stores. They didnt have any. I worked there briefly to get some meat cutting time logged in earlier this year. They dont get much on the regular because its not a big seller. They will order it if someone requests it
Last winter (Snow Birder here) we shopped at Water Tower or Sunrise City Publix in Kissimmee. Between the two, they always had pork belly in the cooler.
Moved west and the Publix here have not had belly.

Reactions: SH0RTS
Only uncured belly I ever see in any of the regular grocery stores around here is the pre-seasoned stuff cut into strips like you'd use for burnt ends, or in some other recipe. No whole slabs that you'd make bacon from.

• Sad
I'd ask about pork belly in any stores you visit. I asked in a local store that didn't carry it, they said could order in, take a couple weeks. Shortly after that they almost always have it on hand.

Ryan

Reactions: SH0RTS and DougE
Sorry bout that. The brisket/jalapeño/cheese came out great as usual. The all pork, green onion sausage was just meh. I put a little more chopped green onion in the grind that it called for, but I'll be damned if I could taste any green onion flavor in it. The other thing is, i need to figure out is why the all pork sausage splits so easily when cooking it on the grill or stovetop. I keep my temps at 300 or less, so as not to over cook it, since i got it up to 150ish internal temp in the smoking process.

All good.
Thanks for getting back about this. too bad about not getting a good flavour. maybe just chopped fine instead of in the grinder for the onion. I am not sure either.
On the grill I have some of mine and store bought sausages split if my temp is too hot , so maybe less than 300 on the grill ,

Thanks

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky