hot dogs?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shellbellc

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jun 7, 2006
Valley Forge, PA
Not sure if I should post in beef or pork, but I'll throw it in here because I prefer beef dogs...

Has anyone ever done hot dogs in the smoker? My German friend was saying how different hot dogs are in Germany because they're smoked...ding went the bell. I never thought of throwing them in the smoker. Has anyone ever done this???

I've smoked hot dogs a couple times for lunch on a day that I'm doing pork butts. I found that 1.5-2 hours seems to work. They are delicious!!

Try it.

Meowey

I definitely will, I just never thought about it...really though, the last thing I need is my 12 year old boy finding he likes smoked hot dogs...I have to limit him now on how many he eats...bet they would be good if you smoke them and then turned them into corn dogs...or how about beanie weenies!!! I gotta stop this...oooh...chicago style when they wrap them in bacon!! German hoagies! (dogs and kraut) :roll:

Michelle, see what happens when you hear that "ding"? Great and wonderous ideas begin to pour forth!!

Please excuse me while I indulge myself with a couple of leftover smoked bratwursts-I've learned how to hide things real well in the fridge-especially when I have a 14 year old son that's not hidden or marked "Do Not Eat!! Belongs to. . ." but that doesn't stopped him all the time either :roll: LOL

I've tried smoked hot dogs once. To me it tasted just like it was grilled....just took longer to cook. It could be the cheap brand I was using. Smoked burgers are pretty damn good though. :)

Smoked hot dogs are great my kids dont like grilled hot dogs cause of the grill marks but they will eat the fool out of smoked ones. I smoked a flank steak and cut it into small bite size chunks and made a slow cooked chile with it gave it that nice smoked flavor put that over some smoked hot dogs and I was in smoke heaven.

I smoked some up on Sunday, some plain and some with jalapenos and cheese - very good - my son loved them...

Haven't tried any hot dogs yet... but I like to do italian sausage...take them out of the casing...about 1&1/2 hr..all done ...in the mean-time..fry up some peppers and onions...warm up a little pasta sauce for a topping...good stuff...tried smoking the peppers and onions...don't care for them that way...

Richard

Haven't tried any hot dogs yet... but I like to do italian sausage...take them out of the casing...about 1&1/2 hr..all done ...in the mean-time..fry up some peppers and onions...warm up a little pasta sauce for a topping...good stuff...tried smoking the peppers and onions...don't care for them that way...

Richard
 Have you tried fire roasting the peppers first?  With or without smoke, that should make a whole new flavor profile.

Mike

I love smokin dogs! I'm doing it tomorrow in fact. I'm a fan of spiral cut dogs myself. If I'm feeling fancy I will mop them with 50/50 apple juice/BBQ sauce.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky