Honey Cured Bacon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nawlinsborn73

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 21, 2020
Has anyone tried using Honey during the curing process? I have some honey granules and was thinking about throwing them in my salt, cure, and sugar mixture. Just not sure if I should use it in place of the sugar or if I should add it as an extra ingredient. Then comes the question of how much to put in there

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

I never tried honey but I tried maple syrup that I make I find the flavor really didnt come through , I just pour some on the fried bacon anymore. I'm sure others will be around.

Been doing quite some time now as you can see by the date of this post. Like smokerjim smokerjim the sweet flavor is never as noticeable as you'd like it to be, but it is there. RAY

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky