Hens & a Pie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dang fine meal Ray! Birds look great! Wife just reminded me yesterday we have some in the freezer... gonna have to dig some out. If you hear some screaming during the game it might be my wife...big Niner fan!

Ryan

Reactions: sawhorseray
Who's kidding who Stu, you are the king of spinning hens on the kettle! I think gmc2003 gmc2003 Chris might be interested in some top-on kettle spinning advice, maybe you can chime in, it's beyond me. Thanks for the Like amigo, gimme a shovel, I can dig it! RAY
I'll be trying both lid on and lid off, but that's about a month away. Currently we have around a foot of snow on the ground(more coming) and the temps are averaging in the mid-20s. So these old bones aren't going out to Q anytime soon. When the time comes I'll have plenty of questions for the spin class instructors here.

Chris

Wow Ray, those birds have fantastic colour on them. I could taste those juicy birds right through the pictures.
And pie to boot. I have never had Strawberry pie, but love Strawberry Rhubarb one of my top 20 pies , did I say I like pie

Man what a meal

1674995480482.png

David

Reactions: gmc2003
Dang fine meal Ray! Birds look great! Wife just reminded me yesterday we have some in the freezer... gonna have to dig some out. If you hear some screaming during the game it might be my wife...big Niner fan! Ryan
She won't be screaming any louder than me Ryan. I'm a 4th generation San Francisco boy and my hunting, fishing, and gold partner is the son of a man who was one the original 49ers, Ed Forrest. In the past I've been over for games at Big Daddys house and the phone would be ringing off the hook with guys like RC Owens and YA Tittle. I am a life-long Niner fan, always will be.. Thanks for the Like Ryan! RAY

I'll be trying both lid on and lid off, but that's about a month away. Currently we have around a foot of snow on the ground(more coming) and the temps are averaging in the mid-20s. So these old bones aren't going out to Q anytime soon. When the time comes I'll have plenty of questions for the spin class instructors here. Chris
Yeah Chris, you'll be needing to stay inside the igloo and stay huddled up close to the wood burning stove! Hell, by the time the bears wake up I just might have a little top-on experience myself, tho I've been happy with what's working for me. RAY

Reactions: gmc2003
Killer looking plate Ray. That Scotch sounds good. Good send off.
Thanks Brian! Good bourbon is every bit as clean and smooth as good scotch, no ice or soda pop for me, just neat. I have a penchant for whisky that's age finished in wine barrels, like it too much! Thanks for the Like Brian, much appreciated! RAY

Ray, that's honest-to-goodness real deal cooking right there!! Me likes...
Thanks Charles! I don't ever get real fancy, don't know how. About everything that winds up on my dinner plate falls into the "comfort food" category, I like being comfortable. Thanks for the Like Charles, I appreciate it. RAY

wow, awesome looking meal!! great colors and looks so delicious!
Thanks tbern tbern ! The flavors were spot on and the cherry wood/rub/ baste combo really gives the color I'm after. Thanks for the like, much appreciated! RAY

Ray, that plate is a thing of beauty. Cherry does give great color.
Have been a niners fan pre Montana days. Still go with the purple
( I know :emoji_disappointed: ) just because of proximity.

Reactions: sawhorseray
Ray, that plate is a thing of beauty. Cherry does give great color.
Have been a niners fan pre Montana days. Still go with the purple
( I know :emoji_disappointed: ) just because of proximity.
Thank you! You stay with the team you started out with, no shame in that. I moved to AZ but left my heart and my team in the Bay Area, that will always be home. I just started using cherry a few months back, always had contacts for hickory and apple before moving here. Really love the color cherry imparts on chicken and ribs! Thanks for the Like, much appreciated! RAY

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky