Help with a brisket recipe

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Brisket_Rich

Original poster
Sep 4, 2019
Hello all. Noob here on the forum. I have been smoking briskets for about 14 years now. I have the same ingredients and have never received complaints. All my briskets have been free so why complain.
Anyway several years ago I was attending BBQ competition and normally I do not eat brisket other than my own. Not that I feel mine is better but after churning them 5-6 times a year I just do not care for eating it. However, I tried a sample and till this day I cannot get it out of my head. I tried looking on Google but I am unsure how to accomplish this.
The best way I can describe it is: It starts out in your mouth sweet, and right at the end you get a nice kick of spice. Not hot but just enough to make you say "wow I did not expect that"
I do not want to spend 30-40 bucks on something that will not come out right. I have looked at youtube, pinterest, google. I cant rewind time and find out who made that brisket but I thought I would post here. Please help!

Id try cane sugar, and if you can grind good quality black peppercorns to a VERY course grind, that would give you exactly what you're looking for. Fill the rest of the ingredients that you like in the middle of those two.

I find cane sugar to be much less heavy handed than BS. It's all I'll use on poultry for example.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky