Help a guy out on a lost brine recipe from here

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smoking stick

Original poster
Feb 6, 2018
About 11 or so years ago I wrote down a recipe for a brine from this site for pork butts and over the years it seems to have moved to somewhere other than my smoking book. It was a great brine and was simple to make and easy to do pork butts in with an outstanding flavor. This was not an injection brine, I have tried injection, but have always failed with it. This technique was easy. You made the brine and brought all ingredients to a boil then added ice to cool it down right away. Add the brine to the butts that where (Stabbed full of holes) and submerge them for 2 days. This worked great the flavor went all through the pork by
being stabbed full of holes. I know there was soy sauce, a little sugar, molasses red pepper flakes, etc in the brine, but not sure of the whole recipe and would like to find it.
ready for brine.jpg
29571373_2083674591646629_1738086301778749372_n.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky