Green Egg off center

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Jmk55

Original poster
Aug 18, 2019
I have a green egg that’s about 6 years old - the lid doesn’t close centered anymore. It’s offset about an inch to the side and doesn’t seal right. Read on-line about loosening all the bolts, lining up the band around the lid and tightening it back up. First of all, keeping the band even all the way around is next to impossible and then after tightening, it is better, but still doesn’t line up right. Anyone seen this and was able to fix it correctly?

I don't have the Egg with spring assisted opening. Can the bottom portion be loosened with the top loosened and centered and then retighten everything to the point it's centered?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky