Gizzard Experiment... Livers on the Side!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hey Pign...I made them yesterday and they were OUTSTANDING! You are totally correct in the water-chestnut crunch thing...makes all the difference in the world. The hidden crunch with the smooth rich taste of liver was perfect.

A little awkward to wrap for me, i'd forgotten you cut your livers in half. I didn't and they were rolling around all over my hands as I tried to wrap and pin them with the toothpick!

After they were prepped, I sprinkled this TAJIN fruit seasoning I get at wal-mart. It's from Mexico and pretty darn tasty. It's got a limey-citrusy zing to it that adds a nice twist to things.

We did have a super BBQ sauce from the exchange program that I got from BBQ Engineer. My kids and I dipped them in it and although I preferred them dry the kids liked them dipped-sauced.

Here's a pick of them when they were plated. Thanks a lot for sharing your invention. It's a great snack for long BBQ's and I definitely recommend them to anyone who likes chicken livers!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Man them look shweeeeet! Glad you liked them. Red is wantin some more. I laughed out loud mentally visioning you chasin them things down with a toothpick.

I love gizzards and have not had them for a long time....Going to have to put on my 'to do'!

points.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky