Garlic + Beer = Sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I only ground once. I seasoned, then ground, then stuffed. I don't have a separate stuffer, so the meats gets worked a little again as I stuff with my grinder. I think grinding twice, then stuffing this way would give me a texture that I wouldn't like. I might change this process after the budget allows for a separate stuffer.

These were natural casings. I have only used natural. I have been happy with the natural casing but will probably try synthetics one of these days.

They were never in the very first post. They are in my reply in post #8. Are you gonna make these AND the chipotle chicken sausage?? Let me know what you think.

yes i got the stuff to make the beer one but sams club let me down on the chicken so i went to winn dixie and they wanted 399lb for fricken chicken thighs so i hope to get a better deal on the chicken tomorrow, it would have been 12 bucks for each 3lbs just for the chicken wtf!!

One more question Wutang, did you use all the fat that was on the pork but? or did you trim it because you added bacon?

I did not trim any fat off of the butt. A lot of recipes I run into call for adding pork fat so I often use bacon as a substitution.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky