FoodSaver

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokin stang

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Nov 15, 2006
Paducah, Kentucky
Anyone have a FoodSaver? I have been looking at these and just dying to get one. There are several models available and I was just curious what you all thought about them.

Dave

I've had mine for over a year and love it. It sits out on the counter so it gets used almost daily. Mide is the V2440 model.

Yes, we've had one for 3 yrs. and enjoy using it. Alot of what we use it for is storing bulk items in lg. mouth mason Jars. The bags are ok, but can take up alot of space and you have to be careful to pre-freeze squshable items! I ruined some filets by not freezing them first and the vaccum sucked all the juices out. You also should cut a vent hole while defrosting to prevent the same thing from happening to anything else.
Hope this helps, would buy another one when this one dies :D . Good luck!Daun

I have this model...I purchased it at a Sam's club..but this isn't a bad deal..you get more in this deal than I got.

FoodSaver V2440

Here's what you get:
One FoodSaver Advanced Design V2440 Appliance.
One 11†wide X 10â€[emoji]8482[/emoji] long roll of FoodSaver bag material that you can custom-cut to fit a variety of foods.
Three Quart-size FoodSaver Bags.
Two Gallon-size FoodSaver Bags
FoodSaver Helpful Tips DVD.
BONUS ITEMS (Bonus Kit Includes):
One 8†wide x 10â€[emoji]8482[/emoji] long roll of FoodSaver bag material.
Two Quart-size FoodSaver Bags.
Three Gallon-size FoodSaver Bags.
One ¾ Quart FoodSaver Canister.
One 1 ½ Quart FoodSaver Canister. Great for marinating meats in just minutes instead of overnight.
One FoodSaver Cheese Grater accessory. Fits inside the FoodSaver Marinating Canister, allowing you to grate cheese right into the canister and then vacuum package it.
Cookinâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji] Healthy with FoodSaver interactive CD Rom with over 400 recipes for delicious, healthy meals.
$100 in coupons toward FoodSaver Bags, Rolls and Accessories when purchased through Jarden Direct.

Stang, I have a Foodsaver V365 for 2 years, it is discontinued I think. But works great, check this site they have a bunch still in box (new) real cheap! Like 36 bucks!
Foodsaver

p.s. the ad says it stores and cuts your bags but it does not unless they are throwing in a Store nâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji] Cut bag holder

Thanks ...I didn't know about these...
wink.gif

The other day I was at Walmart looking at some deep sockets when I noticed a gal walking up and down the aisle like she's looking for something. Being somewhat tool savvy, I asked her if I could help her find something. She said that she was looking for the Black and Decker food vac bags. I took her over to the kitchen supply area and showed her where the were at. She said that since they had "Black and Decker" in the name she thought they would be in the Tool department. :roll: :P

Finally went out and bought a Foodsaver. I love this machine and have had so much fun playing with it that I almost had to take a vacation day today. If you guys don't have one of these, you got to go out and get one.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky