First Pizza on MBG 1050 (without a stone)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

MiamiSmoker305

Fire Starter
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
May 18, 2020
I made my first homemade pizza on the grill tonight. I ordered a pizza stone that didn't arrive on time, so I decided to go stoneless. NGL, the result was pretty good. I'm not sure how the stone would make a difference - other than when you apply toppings to the pizza.

My process was simple. Cooked the fresh dough on the main grate @ 500F until it bubbled and the bottom was light brown (very important not to over cook). Flip the dough and brown the other side for 3 mins. Removed the dough from the grill, lathered in Pizza sauce (Ragu), covered in shredded Moz, pepperoni, cooked Italian sausage, cooked onions and red peppers. Put the pie back on the 1050 @ 500F until the cheese melted and finished browning the bottom. The entire process took less than 20 minutes.
2023-02-11_22-30-25.png

The pizza was everything I expected from a stone oven. The crust was charred nicely and soft yet crispy. The toppings melded together nicely and the weight did not overwhelm the crust. I would say it was a 9/10, deducting one point for topping distribution. The family loved the pizza. This will be a "go to" meal for us for many years to come.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky