First cook on my Traeger (ribs) tips

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokingUPnorth

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Dec 7, 2017
Michigan UP
So I got a good deal on the Traeger 780 pro WiFi ($540 was mismarked at Home Depot) it’s been boxed up for a few months due to a PCS move and I put it together last weekend and now I’m planning on using it for the first time after I season it for a few racks of baby back ribs , next Saturday. Doing ribs for my daughters birthday. I had a mes30, do you guys have any tips for it compared to a MES? Still planning on using Jeff’s rub with 2-2-1 method. Will have my parents and the in-laws eating just don’t want to mess it up. Planning on putting the rub on about an hour in advance and letting them sit out for the hour. Might do one rack of the Texas rub also. Kinda nervous to use the smoker for the first time with so many ribs. Lot of pressure hahaha

Don’t have butcher paper. Was planning on wrapping I rub foil. Is that about the same?

I agee with SmokinVOLfan SmokinVOLfan heck through some ribs on there...can't have too many! Then you won't have to be nervous about it. Good luck and have fun!

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky