First Beer Can Pulled chicken with Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dk666

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 15, 2010
Tried my first Beer can chicken a small 4 pounder.

I put some Garlic butter under the skin on the breasts then covered in Olive oil,seasoned with Pepper salt Garlic Powder just keeping it simple . I filled a can with a Cup of Apple juice some Rosemary and the same seasonings on the chicken,also half an onion in the cavity and used the other half to plug the top. Smoked in Mesquite about 260 till it hit 180 then pulled after a rest 

1d42cd23_4952506069_be02c0979d_z.jpg

Here It's ready to go in 

4ea3c265_4952506337_23dff06468_z.jpg

here's a shot in the GOSM 

a2aa496f_4953099988_a80ae68455_z.jpg

Pulled ready to eat 

a840bb06_4953100236_588135cf22_z.jpg

Reactions: meateater
Looks great.  Did you brine first?
No just used the Apple Juice in the can this was an idea that popped into my head at the last min to finally try it so ran and got a chicken and gave it a shot 

Congrats to another balcony smoker. Nice job on that yard bird, it looks rather tasty and moist.
points.gif
Thanks yah not the best setup on the balcony but it works no complaints yet from the neighbors about the smoke or smell in the hallways LOL if they do i may need to make extra and bribe them LOL

Thanks yah not the best setup on the balcony but it works no complaints yet from the neighbors about the smoke or smell in the hallways LOL if they do i may need to make extra and bribe them LOL
I give my neighbors some of my bacon and CB, they look the other way.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky