Famous Dave's Hot Links

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

PBuck

Original poster
Mar 18, 2024
Queens, NY
Hey all. I'm a huge fan of Famous Dave's Hot Links. Anyone have any idea what they are or where they can be acquired? I'm fairly new to smoking. I don't even know where to start.... can those be bought or do they have to be made? If bought, where? If made, anyone know of a recipe?

Thanks in advance.
Buck

Hey all. I'm a huge fan of Famous Dave's Hot Links. Anyone have any idea what they are or where they can be acquired? I'm fairly new to smoking. I don't even know where to start.... can those be bought or do they have to be made? If bought, where? If made, anyone know of a recipe?

Thanks in advance.
Buck
Me too, have you found out where to buy Famous Dave's Hot Links?

Me too, have you found out where to buy Famous Dave's Hot Links?
Nahh. Cant seem to find anything online and nobody here responded. I've asked at the restaurant and they flat out refuse to tell me lol. Anyone have any suggestions on any other brand of hot links or sausage that are good for smoking?

Seems like every region of the country has there own twist to hot links. Here is a sausage forum if you want to try making your own. There has been several discussions lately about the base recipe or country where the links originated.

I have one in my town but has been a LOOONG time since I had it. I recall liking them. My bet the sausage itself is a basic kielbasa formula with some added heat. My guess would be they use their Hot and Sassy sauce in it, something like that. From here they cut up, slathered with sauce, and grilled.

Reactions: SmokinEdge
Seems like every region of the country has there own twist to hot links. Here is a sausage forum if you want to try making your own. There has been several discussions lately about the base recipe or country where the links originated.

Thanks BW

I'm curious what type of sausage they use... Maybe they make them themselves? They call them hot links. I dont know the difference between hot links and sausage. They're longer than italian sausage you would buy in the supermarket. They're cut like kielbasa..... each end is sliced, not tied off. Sorry, I'm a newbie to grilling/smoking. Huge fan of Famous Dave's hot links though and want to be able to replicate. Here's a pic of them below....

Attachments

• FDHotLink.jpg
    FDHotLink.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 14
Our local Dave's serves Jalapeno Cheddar Links. Love the Catfish Fingers also.

I have one in my town but has been a LOOONG time since I had it. I recall liking them. My bet the sausage itself is a basic kielbasa formula with some added heat. My guess would be they use their Hot and Sassy sauce in it, something like that. From here they cut up, slathered with sauce, and grilled.
I bet you are right. Just a kielbasa spiced up. How could you go wrong? So simple and flavorful.

Famous Dave's was a great place to eat but all the locations in my area closed a long time ago. Luckily you can still get their pickles in Walmart.

Reactions: BigW.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky