ex-pat in New Zealand

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kiwi-q

Original poster
Jul 9, 2017
Greetings

Im an American living in New Zealand. Ive been smoking in a Weber for eons and now that I know we're not moving for a long while, I want to build a vertical brick smoker. Ive been reading this forum for a while now and decided it is time to join. Theres not much BBQ here in NZ but its getting better. When I first moved here it was " throw a snag on the barbie mate" ( thats a sausage on the hot plate of a gas grill-zzzz ) but there are a handful of locals here doing it right and a few butchers doing the right cuts. There is no shortage of interesting hard woods here.

The smoker I want to build will be a vertical cinder block with steel doors. Im going to start the build in a few months.

Thanks for being such a great forum and I'm glad to be joining.

Cheers Kiwi-Q

texas.gif
  Good afternoon and welcome to the forum from a beautiful sunny day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web.

Lots of great people with tons of information on just about everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky