Electric grill blowing fuses ???

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Buddy55

Original poster
Feb 2, 2021
Hi Everyone,
I went to cook a couple brats on the electric grill this weekend, and drats, it kept blowing the fuses. Does anyone know what the resistance is on the burner? Or I guess it could be the thermister controller, anyone have a test for it?
Thanks in advance
Bud

Mine kept doing that, and found out the landlord circular saw did the same thing. For a temp fix I ran an extension cord to the nain level and plugged in behind the freezer(It had a higher rated circuit breaker), So this year he came over and ran a new corn to a new plug exclusive for the smoker and runs fine now... I had even tried the smoker on different plugs in the basement.

Unless you have some really old electrical box I'm assuming when you say blowing fuses you mean tripping breakers?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky