Detroit style pizza

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Have to thank you for your post! It was the push we needed, my wife made this for supper while I was grinding and seasoning meat for sticks.

20210130_192831.jpg

Omg! So good !

Ryan

Reactions: MJB05615
When I was in the Motor City I had some of their deep dish. . .Your's looks exactly the same and I would bet tastes just as good.
Thanks John . I was hoping for that input . It was light and crispy . Really good .
Gonna mix up a batch using the recipe you gave me . I found some 00 flour to try with it .

Love a good Detroit style pizza.
Give it a try . Thanks for lookin .

Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
S stayhot
Thanks for the comment . That pan is 12 x 8 x 2 inches deep . The original Detroit pans were automotive parts trays . This one was sold as a " Detroit pizza " pan . It works fine . More like a cake pan .
Fermented dough is mixed then held in the fridge up to 7 days . I've done a couple days and up to 7 with homemade . I usually mix the dough up on Sunday afternoon . Then it's ready to use during the week . If I don't do a pizza , I'll do bread or rolls . You should try it . Makes a huge difference in the outcome .
Here's a thread with homemade held the 7 days .
Thanks for looking .

Rich were I lived before that was a Sicilian Pie. Yours looks fantastic!! Were is that dough made I use to buy some that was made in Middlesex NJ that was good
Richie

Rich were I lived before that was a Sicilian Pie. Yours looks fantastic!! Were is that dough made I use to buy some that was made in Middlesex NJ that was good
Thanks bud . Yeah , that was mentioned in something I read about where it originated . I think the guys wife was Sicilian . They mentioned another name too .
I just made a pizza last night with the same dough . I was reading the bag , but not sure where it's made . I'll have to check .

tropics tropics I just looked it up . Said North Carolina . Ships frozen .

Last edited:
do you occasionally open the bag to relieve the gas?
I don't . I push as much air out of the bag that I can . Then seal it and in the fridge . It might start to rise again in the fridge , but should stop . If it would pop the seal just close it back up .
Just get it out to warm up 3 hours or so before you want to use it . The stuff I used for this pizza was 16 oz. for that size pan . So keep that in mind . I don't know how much you mixed up or what size pan you have . Sounds like you have a great start . Be waiting to see what you do . I'm sure it will be great .

i use a 9x13 metal "cake pan" just like this-
1841666.jpg

Most Excellent Looking Pizza Chop.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: chopsaw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky