Cure Time Concern

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

troy fuller

Fire Starter
Original poster
Mar 18, 2011
Austin, Texas
So I am attempting bacon for the first time and I currently have a Tender Quick Cure recipe on the bellies in the fridge.  They are vacuum packed and two have skin of while the other two have the skin removed.  I followed the proper TQ ratio to meat and put them in the fridge on Sunday, 1/13.  Each portion weighs between 2-3lbs.

I just checked them and the two thin ones have no soft spots, indicating they are cured already and the two thicker ones are only slightly softer, but also feel cured.

THE PROBLEM: I am leaving Tuesday morning 1/22 on business and will not return until Friday evening 1/25.  Do I leave the bellies in the cure until I return?  Do I remove them from the cure, rinse, dry, and re-vacuum pack until I return?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky