Crazy Idea?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Ribs pretty good

IMG_20230121_160356686_HDR.jpg

What about a white chili with either pulled pork or cubed pork loin as the meat to go along with that broth?

I sitting here thinking about using broth from ham to make chili. Is that just crazy?
I just did green beans and potatoes with a ham hock in the instant pot . Made more liquid than I figured , and it was really good as a soup .
Got me to thinking about ham stock and maybe some butter beans and some spice .
I say go for it .

Have a pork butt ham and beef ribs resting. I sitting here thinking about using broth from ham to make chili. Is that just crazy?

Not sure the ham flavor will give you a chili flavor you are expecting BUT a pot of beans with that ham juice would be heavenly! :D

Also great job on the ribs, I'd devour those in a second! :D

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
I often use ham shanks in a pot of pinto beans, and many of the seasonings for the beans also go into my red chili, so it might be worth a shot.
MvZnfX0.jpg

Crazy experiments yield new dishes. I’d go for it. Put your own twist on chili that the ham compliments.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky