Cold Smoking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokin monkey

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Oct 27, 2013
Sutton In Ashfield, UK
This question has probably been asked many times over. I want to Cold smoke Bacon, but do not want the temperature of the bacon to become to high.

Am I right in assuming that the further the smoke has to travel to get to the smoker, the more heat it would lose?

Is it as simple as having a long smoke tube to dissipate hate to keep the smoker at low temperatures or has anybody get any ideas, at what is the best tee rapture to cold smoke Bacon at.

Thanks Smokin Monkey

Thanks Mr T 59874, looks like you have had many hours dreaming up solutions.

Read through your post and was impressed, then as I was reading I had one of them moments!

I am a refrigeration engineer, we reject heat all the time. I am thinking of using a small condenser with a fan, pass the smoke through the condenser and remove with the air passing over it. Here in the UK, it's not that often we get temperatures over 18'C so should get a good TD ( temperature difference).

Thanks Smokin Monkey:yahoo:

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky