Cleaning a smoker can anyone tell be the best way,

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I have a chargriller with SFB. I only clean the grates. I foil the inside under the grates and just throw away the foil and wipe the excess grease with some paper towel. The top half has a nice glossy black patina that doesn't come off on your fingers when you rub it. It's like enamel now.

0e34e0df_IMG_1085.jpg

I take the grates out and brush them with a brass brush and soap and water.  The main section of my RF gets the rf plate area scraped with a bondo spreader.  I then heat it to 250+ and hose some water in, close the door, let it steam and drain.  Repeat if necessary.  Let it warm up again to dry.

Darrin

Well don't laugh at me but I tried a high pressure washer and to no success and much frustration I was ready to throw the whole thing out and just buy another. While sitting there having my coffee it hit me. It was heat that made it that way why not heat to clean in. So I went to the tool shed and broke out the weed burner I lit that they baby and crystallized everything, then sprayed it with spirts of water to sanitize. Well let me tell you it worked wonderful. From know on this is how I will clean my cheap little Char-Broil smoker and side box. Thanks for all the ideas thought.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky