Chorizo?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
WOW David !
Looks amazing. Do you offer a meal delivery package 🤔 ?
Asking for a friend....

Tell your friend yes :emoji_wink: :emoji_wink:

But those darn Canadian Border Guys keep saying that they had to sample
everything when ever I try to send across the border. And it never makes
it to the destination. Hungry Fella's lol :emoji_smiling_imp::emoji_grin:

David

Reactions: 912smoker
I also like chorizo patties with eggs for breakfast.

Really liked for bfast too, especially breakfast burritos.

Was gifted some "chorizo" last year that was like a spanish soppresetta. Fermented and dried but different spices. Very earthy flavor. Was not in love with it but it started to grow on me.

On another forum, Johnsonville's chorizo came up.... I like it because it was not greasy but it's an American chorizo verses a Spanish or Mexican chorizo. During the pandemic we could not buy it, and someone suggested Walton's Chorizo. I rarely buy sausage seasonings, but I gave it a whirl and really like it. It is low enough in paprika that it doesn't 'bleed' like Mexican chorizo.
I will put that on my list. Thanks.

Thanks I guess I will portion and freeze most I will leave a small bit out and cook it to see what the flavor profile is. what would one normally make with beef chorizo?

Thanks I guess I will portion and freeze most I will leave a small bit out and cook it to see what the flavor profile is. what would one normally make with beef chorizo?
I think breakfast food would be your go to.

If it is Spanish chorizo style in a link then you can cook and eat like link breakfast sausage with eggs, fried chunk potatoes, and onions cooked into the potatoes.

Eat as is on a plate or scoop any/all of that into a tortialla.

If Mexican style I would suggest the same BUT scramble it into eggs AND scramble it into the potatoes. I would be a mixed in component rather than a slice of sausage or a sausage link.

PERSONALLY, if it was Mexican style I would mix it in with refried beans.... I cannot overstate the flavor of refried beans that have chorizo mixed in. Then I would make tacos with those beans adding scrambled egg or anything else and definitely some cheese.
Mexican chorizo blends right in with refried beans where you hardly even notice the two were combined, its wild! :D

I hope this info helps :)

I think breakfast food would be your go to.

If it is Spanish chorizo style in a link then you can cook and eat like link breakfast sausage with eggs, fried chunk potatoes, and onions cooked into the potatoes.

Eat as is on a plate or scoop any/all of that into a tortialla.

If Mexican style I would suggest the same BUT scramble it into eggs AND scramble it into the potatoes. I would be a mixed in component rather than a slice of sausage or a sausage link.

PERSONALLY, if it was Mexican style I would mix it in with refried beans.... I cannot overstate the flavor of refried beans that have chorizo mixed in. Then I would make tacos with those beans adding scrambled egg or anything else and definitely some cheese.
Mexican chorizo blends right in with refried beans where you hardly even notice the two were combined, its wild! :D

I hope this info helps :)

Nice, I looked at some recipes and the eggs peppers tomatoes cheese chorizo in a tortilla looked good. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Reactions: tallbm
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky