Chipotle Brisket In the Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bdskelly

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 3, 2013
DFW North Texas
The kids are bringing the Grand Baby over tomorrow and have requested brisket tacos for tomorrows dinner. I'm going to cook this brisket in a  spicy chipotle style. This is an 11 pound trimmed brisket.  I usually smoke packer cuts however I had a good reason for using a trimmed beef for this cook.  …It was on sale! 

The first thing is to make the marinade.

Chipotle Brisket Marinade

Toss all this stuff into a blender.
  • 2 package dried ancho chiles soaked over night in water. (4 OZ Total) remove seeds
  • 4 cloves garlic
  • 2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 tablespoon cumin powder
  • 2 tablespoons Italian Herb Blend (I use McCormick)
  • 1/2 sweet onion
  • 3/4 cup vegetable oil
I
  • Put the lid on the blender. Very Important Step! ;)
  • Then puree until very smooth.  
Coat the brisket in the marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 6 hours.

To make the injection solution take one stick of softened butter and ad to 1/2 cup of the marinade.  Mix well and inject it into the beef.

The brisket goes into the MES smoker at 220 degrees with the A Maze N Pellet smoker burning. 

I'll let it cook and check on it in the morning. 

More later.

Brian

Last edited:
Wow, that grand baby is going to wrassle bulls when they grow up! Kidding around aside, that looks great. What is better than cooking for your family? Nothing.

Disco

popcorn.gif

Mike

The Internal Temp of the brisket hits 170. I wrap it in foil with a little squeeze "butter".  And continue on the smoker until it hits 190 IT.

I let the brisket set for an hour. Then, because we are making Tacos tonight, the brisket gets pulled rather than sliced.  We lay out all the fixing and get ready to watch the Cowboy Game! Dig in!

The rest of the brisket goes in the fridge. I'll use that for New Years Eve Black Eyed Peas!

Brian

Thanks Shinny.

It really worked out well. As you can see I kept it on the heat to take it from a "slicing brisket" to a "pulled brisket". Perfect for tacos1

Brian

Skelly, that brisket looks great! From beginning to end my mouth was (and still is) watering. Excellent work there, sir! I also like the idea of the chipotle marinade. Definitely saving that recipe! 

Skelly, that brisket looks great! From beginning to end my mouth was (and still is) watering. Excellent work there, sir! I also like the idea of the chipotle marinade. Definitely saving that recipe! 
ThanksChuck

Well Thank you Steel.  I'm up your way often. If you need a hand just give us a holler!

Brian

Thanks Rock. The recipe is stolen. So keep it on the down low!  LOL  ….Joking

Brian

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky