Cheater Chili

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Come on Bill. Post the recipe. I'll protect you from the ban hammer!
ok. 1 1/2 pound ground beef. i used 93%

While browning beef, add garlic powder. onion powder, black pepper and crushed red pepper.

When browned, add 1 16 ounce jar of Pace Hot Picante sauce. add 16 ounces water.

Stir in 1 packet Mccormick Hot Chile Seasoning.

Stir in 1/2 packet mccormick hot Taco seasoning

Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer.

Add 1 can Bush's Chili beans in mild sauce. Couldn't find hot.

Simmer for 30 minutes then eat

ok. 1 1/2 pound ground beef. i used 93%

While browning beef, add garlic powder. onion powder, black pepper and crushed red pepper.

When browned, add 1 16 ounce jar of Pace Hot Picante sauce. add 16 ounces water.

Stir in 1 packet Mccormick Hot Chile Seasoning.

Stir in 1/2 packet mccormick hot Taco seasoning

Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer.

Add 1 can Bush's Chili beans in mild sauce. Couldn't find hot.

Simmer for 30 minutes then eat
I see your concern. You used Pace Picante sauce, "get a rope!" Hahahaha :P

I'm in Texas and have eaten chili both with and without beans. I prefer with beans. I find most people who want to really argue and get upset in TX about bean vs no-bean chili actually don't cook often and are proud of their chili attempt.
Those who cook a fair amount understand that good is good, so don't mind beans. They mind eating good food :)

Best all meat canned chili to me is Wolf Brand.
BUT, for chili dogs the flavor of Hormel WITH Beans is the best chili dog chili I've eaten out of a can. Yep with beans.
Learned this when I accidently picked up the wrong can when there was no Wolf Brand in stock and I was making chili dogs. Was sooooo pleasantly surprised. Stuck with it and never looked back :)

Reactions: bill ace 350
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky