Can anyone identify my old-school Brinkmann offset Smoker? (Before and after photos included)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I added a thermal plate but I think it is too close to the bottom. My temperatures were still very hot near the firebox and quite a big difference from the smokestack end. I'm going to experiment a little bit see if I can improve it.

I added a thermal plate but I think it is too close to the bottom. My temperatures were still very hot near the firebox and quite a big difference from the smokestack end. I'm going to experiment a little bit see if I can improve it.
Mine is very consistent from left to right after adding the but I must confess, I converted to a propane burner years ago so I could golf and the wife could tend the pitt. I use a pan on top of ceramic bricks to hold splits or chunks of wood for smoke and add one approximately every 45min- 1hr. My temp is usually 10° hotter on the left than the right.
I’m thinking about building or purchasing by a basket and giving charcoal another run.

Reactions: Homeroaster
It's hard to beat a stick burner. I really enjoy sitting out on nice days, tending the fire, sipping some bourbon, and playing with the dogs. On the hot days of summer my smoker is on the pool deck, and I alternate between sitting out and swimming. Life is good.

Reactions: jppsav
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky