Can a Native TarHeel Living in Texas Join This Group?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rabbithutch

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Howdy!

I sure do miss Q from NC.  Ever so often I have to get King's in Kinston to send me a care package!

I was born and raised in Raleigh (Oakwood, to be more specific) and spent my first 50 years there.  The last 20 have been spent in FL (2 yrs) and Texas.  Daughter is married to a Texan; so it looks like we'll stay here until she takes my ashes back to the Smokies.

Go Heels!

Yep.  We moved back to NC after only 3 years in Austin.  Calling dry, flavorless grilled beef  "barbecue" is a blatant attempt to hijack the name to give some cachet to a pitifully inferior product. Besides, we got tired of the telephone poles being taller than the trees.

I did pick up one culinary addiction from the lone star state, though - I can't eat eggs any more without giving them a bath in hot sauce.

Keith

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky