Featured Cabinet Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
What’s your budget? Do you have a preference for fuel source I.e electric, charcoal , pellet etc? What capacity are you looking for?

charcoal. Looking at Meadow Creek BX 25,50. Backwoods Patio model, Deep South Chubby models

[/QUOTE]

All good quality choices. I’ll throw two more at you. Humphreys are very popular and then 270 Smokers. I own a 270 and love it. Despite just buying a Lang the 270 will never be for sale.

All good quality choices. I’ll throw two more at you. Humphreys are very popular and then 270 Smokers. I own a 270 and love it. Despite just buying a Lang the 270 will never be for sale.
Just checked out the 270 smokers. Interesting. I have always used a large Pitts and Spits offset but have wanted to get a cabinet smoker for a long time. I will do a ton of research before pulling the trigger. I do back yard cooking so I don’t need a huge one but I want one that has uniform heat and can cook a bunch of meat at one time. Thanks gor your help

Humphreys has my vote if you are looking to use charcoal, that said 270 smokers are great as well. If you wanted a cabinet smoker in a pellet version look into the smoke daddy vertical, the overall quality is so much better than a pit boss but then again so is the price tag

Just checked out the 270 smokers. Interesting. I have always used a large Pitts and Spits offset but have wanted to get a cabinet smoker for a long time. I will do a ton of research before pulling the trigger. I do back yard cooking so I don’t need a huge one but I want one that has uniform heat and can cook a bunch of meat at one time. Thanks gor your help
I have the 270 Large (older model of the Kansas City model). It’s very well built and insulated. They have a unique patented design that creates a convection type airflow. You can run a good 8 -12 hours on a single basket of good lump charcoal. Once you get the temp dialed in it will hold steady like a trooper. The only time I do anything is add a lump or two of wood as needed. No need for a guru at all. From a support standpoint they are top notch. I bought mine used so they didn’t make a penny off me. I talked personally with the owner several different times for advice while I was considering buying it and after for tips on operating and cleaning it. They treated me like I just bought a brand new one from them. Couldn’t be more please. Turns out top notch Q.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky