Brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cansmoke

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jul 21, 2012
Hamilton, Ontario
Smoked a small piece of brisket this afternoon, about 4 1/2 lbs. Where we get our meat will cut to suit.
Smoked it in MES for 5 1/2 hours at 250F using hickory.
Tasty!

Enough words, here are the pictures!

Attachments

• Brisket before.jpg
    Brisket before.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 41
  • Brisket after 5 hrs.jpg
    Brisket after 5 hrs.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 38
  • Brisket_sandwich.jpg
    Brisket_sandwich.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 41
Smaller briskets can be trickier to cook. But then you don't have to wait as long to eat, and you don't have as much left overs to deal with.

Smaller briskets can be trickier to cook. But then you don't have to wait as long to eat, and you don't have as much left overs to deal with.
It is mostly the smaller smount of leftovers as to why we get smaller cut. Just 3 of us.....

Looks mighty fine! I also like the smaller cuts if it just us eating.

Jim
Exactly!

Made what I'm calling brisket surprise for tonight's dinner. Sauteed some veggies, put in small pieces of brisket in, stock and pasta.

Attachments

• Brisket surprise.jpg
    Brisket surprise.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 20
Reactions: JLeonard
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky