Brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Here it all is...

20220627_171833[1].jpg

20220627_172508[1].jpg

Dutch's beans and my mac & cheese...
20220627_172633[1].jpg

Wife made an Asian style slaw...
20220627_165303[1].jpg

20220627_173430[1].jpg

I am real happy with how the brisket turned out, thank you all for the ideas. I cooked this for my neighbor, but unfortunately he went to the hospital this morning with health issues and wasn't here to enjoy it. I have him plenty for when he's able and hopefully that'll be soon. Regardless, I'll cook this for him again when he's more able to be here and enjoy it...

Charles , you nailed it bud . Shame to hear he had to go for care . Hope he's back home ASAP .
It's can be stressful cooking something you're not used to . You handled it well . Nice work .

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Yeah, probe in the beans. Starting to rain and want to be sure they get hot before I have to pull them, oven is full...

Hey, I am not hating lol. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. Never tried it before but pretty good idea!

Everything looks amazing! Brisket looks perfectly cooked too. Hope your neighbor gets home soon to enjoy.

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
Hey, I am not hating lol. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. Never tried it before but pretty good idea!

Everything looks amazing! Brisket looks perfectly cooked too. Hope your neighbor gets home soon to enjoy.
Absolutely no way I was thinking you were hating, John. I put the beans in the smoker and it started raining and the probe was an easy way to keep a check on them without getting wet.

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
Thank you all for your replies, they really mean a lot to me. As a brief update, my neighbor is still in the hospital and I haven't seen his wife since I've been home. Hopefully all is well or will be well...

looks great. I have several of the aldi briskets in my freezer. if you get there when fist put out I can find some points or large portion of points. I have full smoked using Al's method. another method I have used is 2 to 4 hours in smoker, then insta pot with bourbon and beef broth. cook times depend on desired out come. shorter for stew. little longer for slices and longer for pulled and chili.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky