Brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I figured Had too much on My smoker at 1 time. I'm looking for a tank to build me a reverse flow trailer mounted Smoker. I'm gonna listen to y'all's Tips. I'm not sure about wrapping my brisket on the smoker though

Chef is right on the & as far as yield on a brisket, about 50%.  Typically with a 12 # brisket, you'll get 3 to 4 pounds of sliced from the flat and 2 to 3 pounds of chopped or pulled from the point.

Papa, can't go wrong with a reverse flow pit, love mine and other than a few cosmetic items, I wouldn't change a thing about it!

Last edited:
I'm going to do a 8.5 pounder this weekend. 1.5 hours approx smoke per pound at 225. The only thing I'm hung up on is to foil or not to foil. Most other larger cuts I foil, and pan, at around 165. These are things as chuck roast, pork shoulder, beef shorties ect. What say you!!!!

I foil mine at 160 and take temp to 205 internal and start checking tenderness ,when probe slides in and out like putting it in butter ,take it out and put in the oven at 190 for one hour and then take temp down to 165 and let it stay there for a hour ,pull it out and slice it and it will be the most ,tender juicy brisket you ever ate

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky