brisket revitalization!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gnarlykaw

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Dec 23, 2017
Protem/St.Louis
Ok, Been awhile, but with the Rona crap, and a freezer full of beef, pork, and Poultry, I found buried, a 7lb Brisket flat from April 2020! just a touch of freezer burn, or so I thought. My plan was to inject it with Kozmos Brisket marinade, which is done, and the color when I opened up the vacuum package, turned out just fine, I got a good cup into the brisket, and she plumped up , and I let it sit in the fridge like this for a day. this is my first try at a injection. I REALLY want to rub it down with some Black Ops, but Im afraid the two seasonings will NOT go together...
I've got alittle over an hour, yeah, short notice, but I figure Im not the only one cooking at this Christmas Eve! any input???

I never have used the injection but would probably just pepper well and let it ride, have a great day, gotta work lol, heavy rain here with it changing over to snow, 1-3" possible, glad I have a carport with 2 sides enclosed for cooking

I ended up lightly covering it in black ops.... Im hoping for a bit of bark flavor.
IMG_0133.JPG

Reactions: Johnny Ray
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky