Brisket Prep

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Hionhelis

Original poster
Mar 28, 2022
I am getting ready to do a whole brisket on my pellet smoker for the first time and have a question about getting it ready for the pit.

Can I trim and season it the night before I am going to put it on the pit? So like after dinner I would prep the brisket and get up at like 5am light the pit and once its up to temp toss the brisket on.

Any feedback would help.

Thanks

Agree 100% with all above. The 1 time I didn't season the night before, was not too good. Lacking flavor, etc.

I trim and preseason the night before. Wake up in time to make the doughnuts start coffee. Hit it with my binder and rub on one side and let it setup. Pour cup of coffee and go start grill. Then go do other side of brisket. Another cup and go watch smoker heat up. Then hit it with a final coarse rub and on the grill it goes around 5:30. Then it's up to the brisket to tell me when it's done and ready for a long hot rest.

You have the info you need , but here's one warming up on the counter after being seasoned and held in the fridge over night . You can see the moisture was drawn to the surface , mixed with the seasonings , then re-absorbed . I normally use 50 / 50 black pepper and course salt , but this is Canadian steak seasoning from Trade East .
Also , I wrap in plastic so the moisture stays with the meat .
1661946227844.jpeg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky