brisket help

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

plugs

Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
Michigan
I have a 8 pounder that has been on for 4.5 hours and it is reading 190! Just checked the thermometer andit is reading good in boiling water. Anyone seen something like this go.so.fast? Any help would be awesome.

I have never had a brisket take as long as some others have. I think my longest was around 7 to 8 hours and I had my smoker temps at around 215 to 220º. Probably depends on the thickness of the cut.

At any rate you are pretty much done. Wrap in foil and let it rest.  Did you add any beef broth to in when you first wrapped it?

I have had it at 250 the whole time & no beef broth. I was planning on 12 hours strange.

I have had it at 250 the whole time & no beef broth. I was planning on 12 hours strange.

Sorry about the multiple posts, doing this on my phone with a slow connection. I pulled it and wrapped after checking a couple locations. Trying burnt ends now. What is the best way to re- heat as we are not eating for 5 hours?

Thanks for the help, I was just confused with the time being so fast. Kids like the taste testers, hope it is good at supper!

Keep it foiled and resting in a cooler with a towel wrapped around it.  Brisket can tend to dry out quickly once carved, so maybe some au jus or gravy on the side will not hurt. Hopefully you will not need it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky