Brisket at the stroke of midnight!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Funny part was..... that as good as the brisket was, it was those bacon wrapped chicken bites that stole the show.
IT'S THE BACON !!!

Try wrapping little chunks of that beautiful Brisket in Bacon & see what steels the show!!!!!!  
drool.gif

Bear

PS: Al, Where do you keep seeing these nice "Job Johnnies"???  I guess any Job Johnny is "nice" if you gotta go bad enough, but I don't see any on this thread!

Looks great Johnny, Love the ring on the brisky.

If that chicken tasted as good as it looks, I can see why it was a favorite!

Thanks for sharin' 
thumb1.gif

IT'S THE BACON !!!

Try wrapping little chunks of that beautiful Brisket in Bacon & see what steels the show!!!!!!  
drool.gif

Bear

PS: Al, Where do you keep seeing these nice "Job Johnnies"???  I guess any Job Johnny is "nice" if you gotta go bad enough, but I don't see any on this thread!
True.... I would eat just about anything if its wrapped in bacon.... lol. I almost never buy bacon because if its in the house I will eat it! LOL

OMG.. it all looks too YUMMY! I'm gonna try those chicken wraps for Nascar party. I have a brisket that's going on today. Hope it turns out as well. Good on ya man!
thumb1.gif

OMG.. it all looks too YUMMY! I'm gonna try those chicken wraps for Nascar party. I have a brisket that's going on today. Hope it turns out as well. Good on ya man!
thumb1.gif
If you have time I suggest you take the chicken bites from the smoker and toss them onto a hot grill for a few minutes right before you serve them. I did mine with my smoker running at 300°, but still could have gotten the bacon just a bit crispier.

drool.gif

Wow I have done a lot of ABT's but going to have to try the chicken wrapped bacon next.  I have never really got much of a smoke ring on my pork shoulders and haven't tried a brisket yet.  How do you get the smoke ring?

How long did the chicken bites take?

Also, was the smoker at 300 for the brisket too, or was it lower, and you boosted the temp for the chicken bites?

Last edited:
drool.gif

Wow I have done a lot of ABT's but going to have to try the chicken wrapped bacon next.  I have never really got much of a smoke ring on my pork shoulders and haven't tried a brisket yet.  How do you get the smoke ring?
The smoke ring is primarily due to a chemical reaction between the meat, fossil fuels (charcoal, nat. gas), and the smoke. Depending on your smoker type and fuel you may or may not get a good smoke ring. My smoker uses charcoal for the heat and then I toss in a couple of chunks of flavor wood - I usually run my smoker around 200-220° for long smokes and apply flavor wood 1x per hr. for the first 6 hrs. or so.

How long did the chicken bites take?

Also, was the smoker at 300 for the brisket too, or was it lower, and you boosted the temp for the chicken bites?
I smoked the brisket at 200-220° for the full 15 hrs., then when I pulled the brisket out to rest it for 1-2 hrs. I opened up my vents and stirred the coals the kick my smoker temps up to 300°. Then I put the chicken bites on for about 1 hr.

Looks great man. Getting ready to prep some ribs myself for the holiday... Look for the Qview!!!

What time did ya finish up the brisket? 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky