Brinkman Smoker or Americana Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Eliyaan.Shak

Original poster
Dec 9, 2019
So I have a Brinkman vertical Smoker & Griller. I'm missing the water pot and It got some rust. Would the rust effect the quality of the food? Also, a new water pot is around $25 plus $10 for shipping. Do I just spend the $80 on the Americana 2in1 Smoker/Griller? Let me know your thoughts. Just getting into smoking.

So I have a Brinkman vertical Smoker & Griller. I'm missing the water pot and It got some rust. Would the rust effect the quality of the food? Also, a new water pot is around $25 plus $10 for shipping. Do I just spend the $80 on the Americana 2in1 Smoker/Griller? Let me know your thoughts. Just getting into smoking.
You should be good as long as there aren't rusted out holes in it. If the rust is flaking off on the inside you'll want to hit it with a grinder so none of it falls on your food. If you go that route you can spray it with high temp grill paint. Make sure you do a burn off after a few days of drying. Maybe someone can help you out on where to find a cheaper water pan. I would imagine a aluminum mixing bowl 13.5 around would be an ok substitute. If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will correct me. The only difference in a mixing bowl and a water pan is the water pan is porcelain enamel coated.

Reactions: JCAP
If the rust is bad I’m not sure it’s worth the effort to clean it up. I might think about the 18in Weber original kettle for about $89 or the 22in Weber origin kettle for about $109.

The kettle is so versatile- direct and indirect grilling and smoking with various charcoal arrangement methods. And they last a long time.

no paint on the inside, a cheap ss bowl will work fine for a water pan, knock any loose rust off on the inside and when clean give a shot of oil to slow or stop the rust

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky