Breadding

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

zippy12

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Oct 6, 2017
Virginia Beach, VA
Has anyone seen or tried this?

20210804_121505.jpg

Reactions: kilo charlie
That sure looks like it would be handy and worth it for those with busy schedules or RV camping kind of thing. But the snob comes out in me and normally turn my nose up at what is essentially panko, maybe some flour with some seasoning with other added preservatives and agents. My gut is telling me this is marketing magic as "air fryer" specific seasoned coating. Can't imagine why it would be any different. On the other hand I will say a lot of these commercial mixes like this have their seasoning profile nailed down and are hard to beat! Or duplicate!

That sure looks like it would be handy and worth it for those with busy schedules or RV camping kind of thing. But the snob comes out in me and normally turn my nose up at what is essentially panko, maybe some flour with some seasoning with other added preservatives and agents. My gut is telling me this is marketing magic as "air fryer" specific seasoned coating. Can't imagine why it would be any different. On the other hand I will say a lot of these commercial mixes like this have their seasoning profile nailed down and are hard to beat! Or duplicate!
Yeah it is basically a flour and seasoning mix but we like the flavor. I add a little Panko to the mix.
The "Air Fryer" is a gotcha, I agree, but like I said we like the taste.

I do not like that brand's cajun seasoning vs. Tony C's, but that could be fixed with your spice cabinet. I am intrigued, though; would like to see the difference between their regular fry breading and this air fry stuff.

. My gut is telling me this is marketing magic as "air fryer" specific seasoned coating. Can't imagine why it would be any different.
Because it brings finished color out of the box . Just like shake and bake , which also works for the air fryer . The seasoning profiles are very good .
Same reason corn flakes or anything dark is used for oven fried , or air fryer .

Reactions: Fueling Around
Give them a try zippy and let us know what you think! I've never tried them personally.

Ryan

Reactions: zippy12
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky