Best Jerky dehydrator

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JennyBee

Original poster
Dec 23, 2020
Hi guys! I'm looking for a jerky dehydrator. Checked out many different brands like Nesco and Hamilton but couldn't decide what to buy. Any recommendations?

If you're just doing a few pounds here and there. Then just use your oven. Same results. One less appliance to store.

72616d43-47ba-4ee0-9317-be5b8a646140.075ab2fd9e2426f94172094ca366b3c9.jpeg

I've been using the oven , and the racks for years . I don't do a lot of jerky , put you can get a fair amount on there . Like said great for small batches .
jerky.jpg

I am a big fan of Open Country forced air dehydrators.

Search for this on Amazon: Open Country FD-62BJX Trailmaster Dehydrator Kit, 500-watt
I think Bass Pro Shop sells these as well.

I make many, many pounds of jerky per year and have had several kinds of dehydrators, but the Open Country has been my favorite. It has good temperature control and a steady air flow with a decently sized fan. FWIW - all of the dehydrators that I have used were reliable, never had a break-down of any kind.

Reactions: JennyBee
I used a Nesco for years and upgraded to an Excaliber this year and like it so much better. Nothing wrong with the Nesco it's that it had the top fan and I needed to rotate the trays to keep things drying evenly. With the Excaliber I load the meat, set the timer for 6 1/2 hours and it's done.

Reactions: JennyBee
Didn't know that I can do it in the oven.. That's great! :)
It looks like Nesco is the one that most people choose.. Thanks for all the info!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky