Beef ribs, and chuckie burnt ends.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cardsfan

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jul 2, 2010
Denver, CO
I got these prime beef ribs from Costco. Pricey suckers, but the temptation overtook me. Simple Texas style, salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder for my rub. Also had a small 2.5 pound chuckie that I decided to throw on for some burnt ends.

Smoked at 250. Wrapped it all in butcher paper when I had a good bark, which was about 165 for the chuck, and about 185 on the ribs. Pulled and rested the chuck at about 198. It was thin so it got there in about 7 hours which worked out great. Gave me time to rest it, cube and sauce it, and get it back on before the ribs finished. The ribs probed tender at about 198. Everything came off at the 8 hours and 30 minutes mark. Wrapped the ribs in a towel and put some foil over the top of the burnt ends, and popped it all into the oven to rest. (I find the oven works just as good as a cooler, and it makes the house smell great). All turned out great! Ribs were melt in your mouth tender. Very rich, wow? Went great with the wine, and it all got demolished!
20190914_101434.jpg
20190914_134347.jpg
20190914_191738.jpg
20190914_191745.jpg
20190914_191749.jpg
20190914_135046.jpg

Wow excellent looking beef, it looks friggin amazing!

I’d be in a food coma on your couch, you’d need a handtruck to remove me!

Like!

Reactions: cardsfan
Two favorites right there and both done extremely well.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: cardsfan
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky