BEEF INTESTINES/ CASINGS RECIPE

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Slow42

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Oct 18, 2019
Atlantic Ocean Side of the world
Hello I have a bit of 40mm beef casing left over after using the rest for Kielbasa sausage. Does anyone have a recipe for using the excess casing? I realize I can repack and salt them but that’s not going to happen. Must be something I can do with them.

only thing I can think of is stuffing more sausage.
Why did you use beef casings? they tend to be pretty tough.

Thanks Danmcg. I was given a bags of the beef casing casings to try. You are right they are very tough but easy to work. I usually don’t eat casings anyway. What would you suggest for a casing material?
I found many recipes for cooking the intestines similar to your stone cooking but in a pan. Seems to be very popular in certain regions but not here and I can understand why. Like bugs in my flour:emoji_astonished:

Reactions: DanMcG
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky